Back Office Cart for Ticket Sales
Available now in Sand 7! Login with your production credentials
- Ticket Sales for Individuals - The checkout flow for individuals has been updated to use a true shopping cart. This allows for a streamlined user interface and quick checkout process. The user can also navigate around in back office while adding events to the cart where tickets are reserved for 10 minutes. Other improvements include the ability to add a member to the cart after adding events, and seeing any applicable discounts.
- Ticket Sales for Members - Back office users will be able to search for members and transact on their behalf. There are "Transact" buttons in membership search, and on the member and cardholder pages. Clicking transact will take the user to the event list so that events can be added to the shopping cart. Any applicable discounts for the membership level will be shown in checkout and the user can add both discounted and full price tickets to the cart. Entitlements will be checked to make sure that members are staying within the defined ticket limits. Note: the Renew (ie Quick Renew) and Renew Options buttons now appear in the drop down list under "Transact". Member only events will be available to be sold only to members who have the applicable levels.
- Unified Cart for Tickets and Renewal - Back office users can add membership renewals (standard renewal, upgrade renew, downgrade renew and rejoin) and events to their cart and purchase them together. Discounts and entitlements will also be honored in the unified cart flow.
- Allow expired members to receive discounts - We have added a new toggle in the Administration area of back office which allows a venue to set a policy which either allows expired members to use their benefits or not. At this time, it's a global setting for the entire venue. If the toggle is set to NO then you can still transact as a member but the member benefits (discounts, access to member only events) will not be honored. If the toggle is set to YES then expired members will receive discounts and access to member only events.
- Allow members to exceed their ticket limits - When back office users try to sell tickets to members that exceed their entitlements, we have added a new RBAC permission that will allow users with the permission to "Make Exception" and allow the member to purchase beyond their limits. The new permission is called - MEMBERSHIP_ENTITLEMENT_ALLOW_TICKET_LIMIT_OVERRIDE - and is added to superuser, superadmin and admin roles by default.
- Ticket Sales for Organizations - The organization buy flow will has not yet been moved over to the new cart user interface. In order to transact as an organization, you proceed as you do today, however the toggle to switch between "Individual" and "Organization" from the event list will now be found in the Cart Overlay that appears when you add items to the cart. Once you search for an org and make your selection, you will be taken into the current organization purchase flow and the cart will not apply.
Previously available in Sand 7 (and still remains)
Renew membership is available in Sand 7 for your review. This includes: Standard Renew, Upgrade Renew, Downgrade Renew, Rejoin.
In order to navigate into the renew flow, the user will have 2 options: Quick Renew and Renew Options.
- Quick renew - This should be used for the member who knows that they want to renew into the same level. The agent should click the button which shows by default, called "Renew". Upon click the agent will be shown the cart overlay where they can proceed directly into checkout to complete their order.
- Renew options - This should be used for the member who may want to change into a different level or if the business practice is to try to upsell the member into a higher level of membership. The agent should click on the drop down arrow next to Renew and select "Renew Options". Upon click the agent will be taken to the Renew Options page where the additional membership levels available for renewal will appear for selection. Clicking on an offering from this page will add the renewal to the cart and the agent can proceed to checkout.
The renew and renew options buttons can be found on the member list page (including search results), member detail page and cardholder detail page.
Renewals are going to be added to a new shopping cart platform in Backoffice. This means the user will be able to navigate around the back office pages and the shopping cart will remain in place with the items that were put inside of it.
The following features will also be available in Sandbox along with renew membership:
- Ability to modify cardholders within the renew flow: edit first name, last name, name on card, email, phone and address. Also, the ability to swap secondary and primary cardholders.
- Ability to apply a coupon to a membership renewal: select from the drop down list of coupons or enter one in by hand to apply to the renewal
Enhanced POS Checkout with Multi-Pay
Will be available in the Catalog as POS-Sandbox 8.0.2 (be sure to download this latest version!)
Point to sand7 and log in with your production credentials.
ACME POS now supports multiple payments during checkout! The addition of Multi-Pay will enable any combination of payments, with no limit on the payment type or number of payments. Since single payment with Credit Card will still be the most prevalent, designs are optimized for this with the ability to easily add additional payments.
This new design has been through numerous rounds of usability testing to ensure it is intuitive and easy to use for your front-desk staff. As with any new design though, it will take some time to get used to. We are releasing to sandbox early, while development is still underway, so that you have time to get accustomed to the new features and prep new training materials.
Noteworthy enhancements (ready in Sandbox):
- New look & feel to speed up checkout and support any combination of payments.
- Single payments are just as fast. We've ensured same number of clicks for speedy checkout.
- Multiple payments supported by simply entering amounts less than the total due. The app will queue up the next payment for you.
- Split equally by does the math for you to quickly split the bill.
- Cash Tender & Apply to Balance fields helps you figure out change due when taking partial cash payments.
- + Coupons returns you right back to checkout after applying.
- $1 and $5 buttons to easily increment small bills.
- Updated Order Summary to easily view items purchased, payments made, and take any action needed (print, email, etc).
Additional features ready to preview (available in sandbox, with known bugs being worked on):
- Transact as Customer/Member/Organization: Just like today, if you start with an existing individual, they will be the Order Contact
- Edit Order/Billing Contacts: One Order Contact per Order, one Billing Contact per payment.
- Customer collection for free transactions: If configured via backoffice.
- Order Notes: Add notes to the Order prior to completing.
- Flex Pay: Same as production, updated UI for ease-of-use.
- Offline Transactions: Take single or multiple payments while in offline mode.
- EMV support: Support scenarios when connected to the Ingenico device.
Features still in development (not yet ready in sandbox):
- Optional Forms: If not yet filled out, will show as counter in checkout so they aren't missed.
- Apply coupon code to all applicable items: Ability to enter a coupon code to automatically apply to all valid items in cart.
- Support for external keypads: Ensure working correctly for all fields
Find a bug or have feedback? Please email email@example.com and we will share your feedback with our product team!